Expect some serious DOMS if you do this workout! You’ll need a training partner but it will be well worth the gains you receive. You’ll take advantage of Eccentrics, Manual Tension to Failure and finally followed by a skin splitting pump.
- A1) Flat Biacromial Press (Eccentric Only): 3-4 sets of 4-6 reps, 5010, 120s
- A2) Scott Bench 2″ EZ Bar Curl, Supinated Mid (Eccentric Only): 3-4 sets of 4-6 reps, 5010, 120s
- B1) Flat Biacromial Press (Manual Tension on Eccentric & Concentric): 1 set of 4-5 reps, 4040, 120s
- B2) Scott Bench 2″ EZ Bar Curl, Supinated Mid (Manual Tension on Eccentric & Concentric): 1 set of 4-5 reps, 4040, 120s
- C1) Standing Overhead Extension, 2″ Rope: 3 sets of 10-12 reps, 2121, 75s
- C2) 50 Degree Incline Dumbbell Curl, Supinated: 3 sets of 10-12 reps, 2121, 75s
Further Tips & Explanation
- Eccentrics are performed first in the session to ensure the highest percentage of 1RM possible. 99% of the time you should do high threshold work first.
- Manual Tension sets are very taxing hence only one was performed per exercise. Essentially the client will be working at maximal effort through the whole set ending in maximal fatigue.
- Note the positions utilised at the end of the workout involve a stretched position. Training the targeted muscle in a lengthened position at the end will elicit greater hypertrophy.
- Using eccentrics at the beginning targets hypertrophy ticking off the ‘extreme damage’ box whilst the last pairing concentrates on the athlete/client squeezing the muscles creating tension themselves. This requires extreme focus for every rep.